Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm new how 'bout you?

Well another attempt to blog. I'm new at this again. I have many many things that go through my head all day long and I have always wanted to get them down in a notebook or diary or whatever, but it never seems to get farther then the first 2 days or so. I hope this time I can keep up with it. I know that I'm going to post the link on my face book so hopefully that will help me stay on top of this.

Well today was the first day at work since January 26th. I was laid off due to the declining mortgage business, but the company that laid me off also hired me back to work in a new division. Loss mitigation. In short, I now get to work with the people that have fallen behind on their mortgages and may be going into foreclosure. The funny thing about it is that I probably helped some of these people get the mortgages, home equity loans, or refinanced their properties in the first point. Life's funny that way I guess.

It's good to be back. I missed a lot of people that I had developed lasting relationships with. It was really hard going from seeing your friends basically every day to not seeing them but once a month.

Being laid off initially sounded like a lot of fun, but what I found out in a big hurry was that it really stinks. I have a part time job that I absolutely love, but that just isn't the same as working in a chosen profession or career. I suffer from bipolar disorder and I have season effective disorder, so being laid off in the winter months really sucked. There were days that I would sleep all day long. I would go to sleep around 2 or 3 in the morning, wake up take the kids to school, and come home and just go to sleep. What a waste of time. I know it was causing problems in my already sometimes stressed marriage. My wife was so upset that I couldn't even get the energy up to help clean the house. I don't blame her though I would have been upset if the shoe was on the other foot. That's in the past now.

I can't wait for spring to finally get here, I want to ride my bike so badly. I'm not one for riding in the house on my trainer. It gets to boring quickly. I start thinking of other things to do. When I'm out on my bike, I'm free, by myself, and there is no stopping. It's a feeling I can't describe. If you do a lot of riding you will know what I mean. It's a great place to think, work things out, figure your next moves in life, and just breathe. God I can't wait for it to get a little bit warmer. As long as it's in the mid 40's I will ride, and smile and be stoked when I'm done. I may even shiver a bit but that's fun too.

Well not a bad start for the first time. I promise it will be more interesting. Have a good day!

Peace, Love & Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment