Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back on the blog/bike/ and life!

Well I wanted to say hi to all my non-followers.  "Hi"!  I'm feeling great and loving life again.  I'm getting interested in riding again.  I hurt myself last summer and just couldn't get back into it.  Slowly it's coming back to me.  I've been enjoying just riding by the lakefront, and enjoying the weather.  I'm getting the itch to ride the road bike but I know I need to get the legs & lungs back in shape before I wander down that road. 

I'm still working at Chase, however I did quit the bike store.  That place was turning into such a soap opera that I really had no more patience for it.  I liked the people I worked with, but just all the nit picking and complaining was driving me nuts.  I liked working there because it wasn't all those things, those were things I had at Chase and then it started there.  I decided that I didn't want my whole week to constantly be like that, so with a truly sad heart I quit.  I miss everyone, but it was time to move on. 

The kids are doing fine.  The oldest is 15 and is trying all that stupid jumping off buildings, jungle gyms etc. and he's forever climbing stuff.  I tried to get control of it but boys will be boys.  I know I did stuff just like that when I was his age.  I just think we were more careful, but I'm sure in the eyes of my parents we were just as crazy and dangerous as I think he is.  Wow what goes around comes around. 

The middle child is doing well, his health has been amazingly good.  He's going on almost 7 years post op.  I'm sure in the next year or so he'll have to have his heart valves fixed again, but until then I'm going to just let him be a boy.

My daughter is having surgery tomorrow and she will be fine.  It's a surgery to remove a neebus on the back of her head.  We did this last summer, it's basically day surgery, so that will be quick. 

Other than that life is really good.  Even though I miss the bike store, I really like having weekends again.  I get to do my yard work which I like, and I get to spend time with my wife & kids.  It's great!

talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment